Meet Mandy, a pastry chef at Olympia Provisions in Portland, OR. See what she has to say about field testing the Maven denim work pant.
Our field testers are extraordinary women, who are creators and makers. They put the 'Maven' - our signature denim work pant - to the test in studios, on construction sites, and in industrial kitchens.
Our interview with Mandy:
1. Why did you decide to become a pastry chef?
Because I had been working as a line cook at Zefiro, and the pastry chef , Michelle Dennis said she needed an assistant. I decided it would be an opportunity for growth and good to take a risk and try something different.
2. How long have you been doing that?
3. What is something that brings you the most joy or satisfaction in your job?
Nurturing my creativity and making people smile!
4. When have you encountered and obstacle?
Fear of still being competitive after staying home with the kids for 10 years.
5. How did you overcome it?
I just faced the fear and started cooking again and learned to believe in myself.
6. What resources did you use or make to overcome that obstacle?
Therapy and a newfound reliance on my deep seated inner strength.
7. Is there anything else you would like to share about your family or personal life that helps us understand who you are and what you stand for?
As a (divorced) mother with two young children, I want to set a good example for my kids to be self-reliant, strong, true to themselves, to be kind and gentle to themselves and others, and that humor is important! I'm proud because I think I'm achieving that.
Join the Women's Workwear Movement
Get exclusive behind the scenes updates
and early access to our limited pre-order.